Saundrie

After much prodding by other bloggers, I set this up for my own writings. The name is in honour of the two women that mentored me throughout my life on politics and intelligence issues, as well as being wonderful family members, now alas deceased. I hope to live up to their standards at this site.

Friday, November 25, 2005

Just a quick note before the weekend

I am spending the weekend with family so I will not be anywhere near the computer for a couple of days, but there were two posts I read this week that I think deserve the widest possible readership. The first one is from Digby regarding torture and the damage it has done to the America identity, in particular his own sense of what America truly is. It is powerfully written and very compelling IMHO. The other link is regarding the Padilla case, and I picked it up at firedoglake, one of the top American blogs for keeping track of legal issues affecting the GOP like the Plame outing and the DeLay indictments among others. This goes into detail regarding the move from trying Padilla as an enemy combatant to suddenly being indicted on none of the charges everyone had heard about (dirty bomb plot for example) but instead charges of supporting overseas terrorist groups. Given he is an American citizen this issue raises fundamental questions, and I found this article/blog entry was a good read. So I thought I would share.

To my few if any American readers enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend, and for my Canadian readers, enjoy the last weekend without election ads pummelling you for the next several weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to say have a great weekend Soctian but realized this post is a month old, so Merry Christmas! Now it's back to MyBlahg to spread the Christmas cheer. :)

Wed Dec 21, 01:03:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Zorpheous said...

Merry Christmas Scotian, to all and yours, frome me and mine.

I should have writen a nine page Christmas greeting for you ;-)

Zorpheous

Sun Dec 25, 02:13:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home