Saundrie

After much prodding by other bloggers, I set this up for my own writings. The name is in honour of the two women that mentored me throughout my life on politics and intelligence issues, as well as being wonderful family members, now alas deceased. I hope to live up to their standards at this site.

Monday, September 26, 2005

A civil Question Period..who would have thought it possible?

Well this was interesting, something I thought had been forgotten by our Parliamentarians after last spring occurred today. I saw a Question Period in the House of Commons where civility ruled and not just the questions but the answers were allowed to be heard without a raucus roar from the backbenches. I wonder how long it is going to last though. Still, seeing as it is something I value, I thought I should make note that it happened today. It really gets on my nerves to watch QP on CPAC and not be able to hear responses to the questions being asked, and the screaming fest of the spring was really annoying. I wonder though how long it will last. My guess is within a few weeks we will start seeing the same degeneration into a bunch of unruly children instead of adult MPs, though this is one prediction I would gladly be wrong about. Time will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Montreal said...

Well, here's your answer. Not even 24 hours. If it carries on like this, the House will smell worse than the New Orleans Convention Center by term's end.

Wed Sep 28, 02:08:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home